Senior Backend Engineer
Barcelona, Gijón, Madrid, Valencia (Spain)
Digital Innovation is changing the world and improves the lives of people across the globe.
mimacom is the first choice for companies that want to reach existing and new customers through software solutions and leverage innovative open source technology to accelerate business growth and success in the digital era.
More than 350 specialists create solutions such as digital platforms, cloud systems, cloud native apps, data engineering, digital process management and mobile apps.
At 11 customer centers across North America and Europe, mimacom serves global and local businesses of all types and sizes in the banking, insurance, medical technology, pharma and manufacturing industry.
- Design and develop software with a strong microservices orientation (mainly in Java) for an e-commerce platform.
- Participate in the definition of user stories, as well as in the estimation and planning of tasks.
- Be part of a team that applies a continuous improvement model by doing pair programming, code reviews, etc.
- Collaborate in the communities of practice in which we do coding dojos, lunch & learn, open spaces, lightning talk, etc. in order to deepen, share and acquire knowledge about design principles, types of architecture and software development in general.
- Bring code quality and good practices.
- Enjoy flat hierarchies, direct feedback and room to stand up for your own ideas. Feel free to investigate and suggest new and fresh ways to come up with solutions.
- Be part of an Agile, international environment and take the chance to be supported by some of the best hungry minds in IT.
- Enjoy freedom with responsibility: Create and design your own schedule with flexitime and full-time home-office work.
- Decide when to come to our easy-reachable and modern offices with complimentary free coffee/tea and fruits.
- Collaborate in a multicountry environment with distributed teams.
- Work with cutting edge technologies in an Open Source world.
- Boost your career with certifications, trainings, conferences, events, etc.
- Choose your own device and OS.
- Select your benefits: Kindergarden, transport, health insurance and restaurant ticket.
- Participate in cool team events: Lunch & Learn, Meetups, Hackathon and many more!
- Proactive, team-player, open-minded personality with a passion for open source, new technologies and agile software development.
- 3+ years of experience as a Software Engineer.
- Demonstrate high level of proficiency in Java and Microservices.
- Experience working with Agile and DevOps principles.
- Demonstrate proficiency with Jenkins, Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience working in Cloud solutions is very valuable.
- Knowledge in Elasticsearch or Kafka is a plus.
- Fluent in both English and Spanish.